What's new

Cooling down the desktop humidor

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
While checking on my humidor today I noticed my temp starting to rise into the low 70's. How do you guys usually cool your humidors? I live in a condo so I don't have an especially cool room to store the humidors in. they are in a spot with no direct sun light. Actually farthest away from any heat source possible.
ideas?

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
put it right in front of an AC vent if you can. If not you could buy a small wine cooler and put your humidor in there. How big is your humi?

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I say bottom of a dark closet, but if the whole house is heating up, the closet will heat up too. I know my house will reach 85-90 degrees during the day if no one is home, so I had to go with the wine cooler. Now I need to get enough cigarts to fill that puppy up.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
When I was in the Navy and in barracks I kept my cigars hidden inside tupperware in the air vent in the ceiling. Worked well for my small stash and although the barracks were often on the warm side I never had a problem. So are all you guys out of room going to start filling your vents?

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
Unfortunately i live in a ground floor condo so all my ducts are up on the ceiling. So I have to find another alternative. I like the wine cooler idea.... Now how to convince the wife...........
or you could build a shelf up by the vents. But something tells me the wife would like that even less then the wine cooler :grin:

Your other option would to contact ron and get a temp controlled humi. :grin:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these cold packs with little beads inside of them, surrounded by cloth. Kind of remind me of the humi-beads. You put them on sprained joints. They do not leak condensation like normal ice packs. Wonder if those would be OK the throw in the humi during an unusually hot spell?