What's new

Cooling suggestions, please.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have my humidor all set up finally, and im a little worried about the temperature. Once things start to cool down outside in the next couple of weeks, i wont be too worried about the temps but at the moment the temperature in my house, and therefore also in my humidor is around 78. Its an old-ass house and i dont have A/C. Temperatures fluctuate all over the place in this house, and i was just wondering if there was anything i could do to try and regulate the temps in my humi. At the moment i've only got cheapies in there, so even if i lose the whole collection, i'm only out a few bucks. I'm not buying any really nice sticks until i get this thing completely figured out. But i would rather not lose anything. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
second the winedor, but you could buy a cooler, throw your humidor in and put an icepack to help keep the temp down. did it for a while during a heat wave with my smaller humidor. remember you don't need a lot of ice packs just enough to keep the ambient temp. where you want it.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I used to keep a 50 count at my GF before we were married and never had a problem in 3 years they were there. The rH was always good but she kept her ac off during the day and it would get 85 in there. Like I said, never had an issue. Just keep an eye out.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
second the winedor, but you could buy a cooler, throw your humidor in and put an icepack to help keep the temp down. did it for a while during a heat wave with my smaller humidor. remember you don't need a lot of ice packs just enough to keep the ambient temp. where you want it.
I did this for 1 summer and got sick of it and bought a wine cooler. Best decision I ever made.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I suggest making sure this is a hobby/obsession that you are truly committed to before you comission custom woodwork. A cooled humidor will run you $1500. A wine fridge set up, will cost you roughly $300 with humidification and some fans. My thoughts are you save a ton of time and money by going the wine fridge routre