What's new

Cooling unit in Vinotemp died

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Just found my Vinotemp is not keeping my sticks at 65. After talking with tech support, we have determined the cooling unit is bad. I am ordering a new one and will have to hope things will be ok for the next week.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Buying a new cooling unit from them and will replace it myself. It is out of warranty but repairs parts are $47 and 15 shipping.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
How did you notice a problem?
Was it just no longer cool inside? Did it start making any strange noises? Any problems with the display?

Just wondering because a few months back mine stopped working for a little while. By that I mean it wasn't cooling, the display wouldn't come on completely, just flicker "00" very fast and the unit was also making a strange beeping noise whenever plugged in. Vinotemp tech support suggested it might be the control board (but they weren't sure) they asked me to take the back panel off and snap a picture so they could check their inventory.
When I pulled the wine cooler away from the wall and removed the panel for the picture, I started checking everything I could think of to see if there was a loose connection somewhere.
Turns out simply opening and shutting the door forcefully a few times solved the problem and its been fine ever since.

I'm curious to see what symptoms your unit has and I just wanted to piggy back my story here incase anyone has a similar problem with their unit.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I had to do that too, hopefully your replacement will last longer than mine did. Did you have the unit plugged into a surge protector?

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
The unit has always been plugged into a surge protector and the only way I realized a problem was it just did not cool. All other functions worked as always. The unit is about 5 years old. In the winter the house is cool enough that it will not come on and have to cool and when it started getting warmer in the house I noticed the issue.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
New cooling unit finally came in yesterday so I got busy and replaced the defective one. Took about 30 minutes and in just another 30 minutes the new cooling unit pulled the temperature down from 73 to 65 ! I was impressed and thankful to get it repaired.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
How did your rH do once the unit was back and running? I've noticed since it's warmed up the rH dips to 60% during the day when it runs, and at night when it doesn't run, it boosts back up to 64%.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I have an Avallo Accumonitor humidification system along with a pound of heartfelt beads so the humidity stays pretty constant.