What's new

Crack

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
i have a small crack thru the lid of my humi its about 3"x1/8" wide. Is there anyway I can fill it with glue or something? What does everyone think? I can blow wind thru the crack but cannot see thru it.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
well since the humi was a present and cant be returned Ill give it a shot till I find something that works. Ive got 3 other humi's so its no biggie...

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
still, that's a potential space for tasty cigars! this is no time for you to be down a humi! pete's dropping way too many amazing sticks!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If the lid is shiny wood I bet a piece of cellophane that you wrap food in (you know the kind that sticks to itself when you are trying to cover food) would stick to the top to the wood covering the crack keeping it pretty darn air tight. Easy fix until you come up with something else.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
*UPDATE*

Well Ive sealed the crack(s) with a combo of gorrila glue, gorilla crazy glue and some wood filler. Didnt read the directions:popeyes:(shocker) on the gorrila glue and it expanded out of the crack on the top of the lid so now i gotta do some sanding and some touchups to the paint scheme. All in all its been holding at 68% for a solid week now.