What's new

Craigslist Wine Cooler

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So I have been looking for a wine cooler for a while and finally hit it! This is an Avanti EWC-24, the fan, light & cooler don't work...making this a perfect humi to put in the basement. And the price...$5

Should be a fun project in the coming months. Thanks to Twenty5, slave2theaxe, OB-Left, Dr. Xikar and GolfNut for documenting your builds. You may be getting a PM's in the future.

Attachments

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Great deal on that!
Get a few new parts for it and still be well under price of a new one. But since it's for a basement that probably won't even be needed... most BOTLs always comment on how cool their basement stay.

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yeah, the unit is totally dead, but being in the basement here in Chicago I don't think I'll need it to cool. It stays in the upper 60’s year round in the basement. I do plan on putting in some sort of fan system and then some shelves.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Nice find. I couldn't get away with that here in FL. I keep the house around 78 but according to my thermometer it still spikes up to 81 every now and then in certain areas of the house.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Just got a freebie myself. I was eventually going to buy a bigger cab humi but why. I now have a nice 7 drawer singles Vino. A box vino. And now a second box vino. Thinking when the mancave gets built put the really nice wood edgestar in the middle. Then place the other 2 with one on each side. Nice find I agree as well if you have a basement no reason to even turn the vinos on.

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So...how does one set up some CPU fans? What to I need? I know I needs fans and a timer, but how do I hook them up? What else is needed?

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I have my fan blowing downwards into the water catchment so the humidity is recirculated.
It's also on a timer. 15min on and 45 off. Seems to work best in my home. You'll need to figure out what's best for you.