What's new

Crazy humidor project. Is this feasible?

TIME MACHINE

Passing Through
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife asked me to throw out a piece of furniture that we have had for a long time. It originally came from an estate sale up in Allentown, PA and I have no idea why I bought it. Anyways, it is just taking up space and she wants it gone. Being the hoarder that I am, I though to myself that I could turn it into a humidor. It is all cedar inside, and adding shelves would be a relatively easy task for someone like myself who has zero carpentry skill.

Sorry for the crappy pics, my new BlackBerry takes horrible photos.

Is this a waste of time? Am I dreaming way too big? I'm a guy who usually keeps less than a hundred cigars at a time, so I'd definitely try like heck to fill it up.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. And by all means, please be brutally honest. Sometimes I need to be told I'm crazy.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
With time and money, anything is possible.

The cedar in a dresser is probably Red Cedar, not Spanish Cedar. But, in a piece of furniture that old, the aromatics may be all gone and not be any big deal. But, what I've seen (never done, mind you) is people re-line the interior with Spanish cedar and then seal the doors somehow.

Someone will be along that will be more helpful than I, for sure.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Agreed, with time and money it definitely possible. You would want it relined and to make sure it seals but it's definitely possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIME MACHINE

Passing Through
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. It seems like it wouldn't be the best project, so I will toss it and look for info on how to make a winador.

I just have to get something going. I need a project.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
How deep is it?

You could keep a humi inside or wino in it. Also keep scotch, accessories and whatnot in there
Wouldn't it make more sense to put cigars in there? Money spent on a little work in it to make it hold humidity and you have a nice piece of furniture.