What's new

Danby

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I looked at this originally, but thought that I wouldn't want to pat extra for dual zone and that's a bit of wasted space I thought too. I have a NewAir 280&281 FWIW.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Well I can get it for 150...just wondering about the wood shelving
The shelving is listed as "Beechwood"

If this is the case, and my Google search is correct, you shouldn't have issues...

History
The beech tree has a distinguished literary history. The ancient peoples of Asia were the first to use a written form of language. They would carve their words into the smooth and pliable bark of the trunk of the beech tree. The writings would then be cut out of the bark and were called “bok”, which eventually became the word book. While beech wood is now frequently used for flooring it has many other historical uses as well. In the past it has been used to make mortars, pestles, snuff boxes, toys, baskets, railroad ties, plywood, and brush handles. It was also desirable for food storage because the beech wood transferred no taste or smell to the contents within.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well I can get it for 150...just wondering about the wood shelving
The shelving is listed as "Beechwood"

If this is the case, and my Google search is correct, you shouldn't have issues...

History
The beech tree has a distinguished literary history. The ancient peoples of Asia were the first to use a written form of language. They would carve their words into the smooth and pliable bark of the trunk of the beech tree. The writings would then be cut out of the bark and were called “bok”, which eventually became the word book. While beech wood is now frequently used for flooring it has many other historical uses as well. In the past it has been used to make mortars, pestles, snuff boxes, toys, baskets, railroad ties, plywood, and brush handles. It was also desirable for food storage because the beech wood transferred no taste or smell to the contents within.
You're the man, Graunke

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Glad to be of service!
I would probably leave the shelves inside if you do the newspaper or activated carbon "de-scenting" routines, as the wood has probably absorbed some of the plastic smell.
It may not help anything, but it can't hurt either.
Make sure to post pictures when you finish! :D

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
It has a compressor... it is not thermoelectric...

do you plan on using its cooling capability?