What's new

Diamond Crown Humidifier Conversion for beads

seanb

Smoke Um If You Got Um
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have searched for information on this and although it was mentioned before I did not see an actuall conversion for this humidifier.

I recently purchased some Heartflet beads, should be here today, and I have a Diamond Crown Humidifier unit in my humidor. I am trying to figure out the best way to modify the DC humidifier unit to use the beads. Any suggestions?

I don't think I can open the case without messing up the distilled water holder. I am thinking about removing the metal grills and cutting a slot in the top to put the beads in. Once I get the beads in I can then put the metal grills back on to cover the holes.

If I do this will I still be able to use the middle water resevoir or will that most likely crack the beads?

Sean

Attachments

seanb

Smoke Um If You Got Um
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the experiment, but I think it might be more trouble than what its worth.
I am beginning to agree with you. The more I look at it the more I think just putting the beads in a bag and placing them in the humidor might be best.:dunno:

Sean

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I am beginning to agree with you. The more I look at it the more I think just putting the beads in a bag and placing them in the humidor might be best.:dunno:

Sean
That is what I did. I still use th elittle humi but it lasts forever now with the beads.