What's new

did a little ebay surfing

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
http://cgi.ebay.com/Romeo-Y-Julieta-8-drawer-humidor-True-Collectors-Item_W0QQitemZ170186780803QQihZ007QQcategoryZ11673QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gorgeous-artwork-ANTIQUE-inlaid-mahogany-CIGAR-HUMIDOR_W0QQitemZ190192060659QQihZ009QQcategoryZ156516QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/C-1899-SMOKING-STAND-TABLE-HUMIDOR-COPPER-LINED-NICE_W0QQitemZ360014581038QQihZ023QQcategoryZ156513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUMIDOR-USED-4-DRAWER-SMALL-CHERRY-COLOR-EXCEL_W0QQitemZ320205557023QQihZ011QQcategoryZ11675QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The first might end up being a good deal for someone. The second looks pretty nice and decently large. The third is an antique that has a copper liner I figure that could be removed and cedar added. Sure it's an antique but what good is it to you if "original" doesn't do what you want it to? The fourth just looks pretty cool.

If I wasn't on a strict no humidor buying agreement with the future misses I'd bid on a couple of them myself.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I've gathered that they were once copper lined but I think it'd be easy to convert over to cedar. Unless the copper offers a unique characteristic to storing cigars. I would just rip it out of the antique and get some cedar.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I doubt it. The humi I bought on Ebay, sucked. If you are looing for a collector's item, ebay might be fine. But for a quality humidor, I would not expect to get one Ebay.

Pendaboot

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it. The humi I bought on Ebay, sucked. If you are looing for a collector's item, ebay might be fine. But for a quality humidor, I would not expect to get one Ebay.
Still and all, that RyJ went for $212, which is a great price for that box, and judging by the pictures, any leaks could be plugged.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Still and all, that RyJ went for $212, which is a great price for that box, and judging by the pictures, any leaks could be plugged.
Agreed, for a used Humidor that you know was a good box to begin with like the RyJ you should be fine. I have seen 2 New humis bought on Ebay, mine and another, that were both of substandard quality.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Agreed, for a used Humidor that you know was a good box to begin with like the RyJ you should be fine. I have seen 2 New humis bought on Ebay, mine and another, that were both of substandard quality.
How about telling who these purveyers of poor product are?, so we came all learn from your experiance.:yes:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
New Humi for Daddy!!!

This is the one i bought. and the other one was from a seller by the name of gadgetbestbuy. All of his auctions say " see description" under the shipping amount. All his stuff is new, but must be 2nds. First off his price is too cheap for what he is selling. $25 for aa humidor II couldn't find for less than $100 online. Then we got it and it was leaky as hell. We did the flaslight trick and we decide we could use it as party light instead. Like a disco ball with all the light shining out of it.

Pendaboot

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife once bought me a humidor on eBay. The humi was ok, but the cigars within were little more than dust.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Some pretty humidors no doubt. I got a nice padilla off of ebay recently. Got a deal if you ask me. It was the one they sold the padilla signature oscuros in. Its a very nice addiion to my collection.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Some pretty humidors no doubt. I got a nice padilla off of ebay recently. Got a deal if you ask me. It was the one they sold the padilla signature oscuros in. Its a very nice addiion to my collection.
Right on....Like the RyJ listed above. If you know it was a good humi to start with, like the CAO Italia, Sproanos, Brazilia, or CX2 MX2 humidors, you can feel comfortable that these are good boxes. But do not buy an off brand, that can not be researched. Even if it looks like one you have seen elsewhere, We got knockoffs, that sucked.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a antique smoke stand and yes, it is copper lined. You can go to Walmart or K-Mart and pick up some of those little cedar blocks to put in there. They do just fine.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have a antique smoke stand and yes, it is copper lined. You can go to Walmart or K-Mart and pick up some of those little cedar blocks to put in there. They do just fine.
Wrong cedar bro. That would be aromatic cedar ad very son al your cigars will taste like ganny's closet. Spanish cedar or mahogany is what you seek.

Pendaboot

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong cedar bro. That would be aromatic cedar ad very son al your cigars will taste like ganny's closet. Spanish cedar or mahogany is what you seek.
Spanish Cedar is a deciduous Tree, not an Evergreen like regular cedar. No relationship. Spanish Cedar is grown in Central America, and they have just been hit with a large tax, so it is about to become very expensive. But it will give up humidity to counter the effect of opening your humidor, and soak up excess when that is what is called for. Nothing like n it, no replacement for it. I have heard Mahogany, but have not had confirmed to me that it is the same, or as good as the real thing.

Stick with a winner, a known Good Thing, time tested and unique. Have you tried any of the replacements for cork in Wine bottles?