What's new

Did Xikar buy Cigar Caddy?

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hey Ron, I tried to go on Cigar Caddy's website and was redirected to a wholesaler or liquidator place just curious I guess and figured you would know. I noticed that Xikar still has them which are the same with different labels. Would this affect my warranty?

Thanks-Zach

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Cigar caddy was bought out by Quality Importers. Quality is a major distributor of cigar accessories. The Cigar Caddy will still be the Otterbox based case, so this should actually wind up being an improvement to Cigar Caddy. Xikar cases are made by a different manufacturer.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Xikar's look identical just different labels that's why I figured it was them. I have the 18-24 Cigar Caddy and I saw the Xikar version and it was the same except for the label. Maybe they make them for Xikar? Kind of like the VW mini-van is a Chrysler.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I believe the smaller Caddys and Xikars come out of the same factory, and the large ones (30 and so count) may as well, but the big Xikar ones are clones of the old model of Cigar Caddies. I'm pretty sure.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I believe the smaller Caddys and Xikars come out of the same factory, and the large ones (30 and so count) may as well, but the big Xikar ones are clones of the old model of Cigar Caddies. I'm pretty sure.
the the 5,10, and 15 caddy are made from Otterbox cases. Xikars are made from S3 cases. 2 different manufacturers. larger caddies and xikars are all made by S3