What's new

Does anyone have a Whynter CHC 120-S?

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys,
I just this morning filled up my humidor with my cigars. I have a little over 100 sticks.

I have a Whynter CHC 120-S. They are claiming it holds 250 cigars but I don't see that as remotely possible. I have my cigars, including my 2 boxes on the bottom, and it looks to be at least half full if not more. I was thinking about picking up some more sticks but now I'm like. Crap. I should've bought a bigger one.

If anyone else has this and can chime in, that'd be great.

John,
Coincrazed

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yeah, storage qty is a tough call on anything, not just these. You just can't factor in all the different sized cigars, cigar box sizes etc. so they come up with their own parameters. I'm sure you could stuff 250 small cigars in it.
I get asked that all the time, so I tend to stick with the 5x50 robusto sized cigars for estimating capacity in the drawers I build to give a somewhat reasonable expectation of storage capacity. Taking that into consideration, each drawer for one of these sized coolers could then hold 72 cigars: 12 across in 2 rows and 3 layers of cigars of 24 cigars per layer. I could choose a smaller cigar size to make it look like they hold more, but what's the point. Not many people fill their drawers up with cigarillos lol.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeeeep, @GolfNut is right on. But it probably won't matter, as the symptoms of "Cigar Acquisition Disorder/Syndrome" increase, you would have outgrown even the larger one. Just use it as your "ready to smoke" storage, and have a cooler, pet food container, or zip lock weather tight storage bin, for your overflow storage.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I own the larger version, CC251s or whatever the model number is - says it'll hold 400, which I believe is possible, IF you lose the shelves and take everything out of the box (and put them into drawers). I had a friend do this recently and I imagine I'll need to do the same.