Dont walk. Run! Humidor Hound find

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
yes, scam.

seller mentions Aristocrat in title to get some attention. the pic is not very detailed, so a little hard to tell exactly. But lets go over what is obvious.
1) Bob Staebell usually does not put the electrical plug inside of the cabinet. That plug creates heat which is the enemy of cigars. That is a gimmicky feature of "made in china" cabinets. Matt from Avallo does not put them inside of the cabinet.

2) the humidification system is not what Bob uses. That humidification system is very low tech when compared to what Matt,Bob, or Arlin uses.

3) shelves - doesnt look like anything that Bob does. Slats are running from front to rear, vs right to left as Bob usually makes them.

4)humidity canister - nothing like what I have seen Bob use.

this is not the first time that I have seen a craigslist seller advertise a cheapo chinese cabinet as a custom made at inflated prices.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
The only thing I wasn't sure about was the humidification system. It looks like something I'd use to operate my electric blanket! :grin:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
read my post above. i dont think its an aristocrat.
Ron thanks for looking out. I would at least hope everybody would ask questions before they got that great of a deal. Was just trying to help a few botl out on a find.

Status
Not open for further replies.