What's new

DryMistat

Doc

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I purchased a DryMistat tube the other day and tossed it into a travel humidor that I gave to my brother for Christmas along with a 5er of cigars. The company says that they won't leak but when he opened it the foam was a little damp in a couple of places. 1 is this normal for them to leak a bit? and 2 is the stuff in the tubes safe? I told him to thke the foam out and let it dry out but wasnt sure If I did something wrong when I put water in the tube. I have been using one in my small 100 count humidor with no leaking you guys have any suggestions?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm guessing you tossed the tube in before all the water was absorbed by the crystals, they don't usually leak unless you put in too much water. However the DryMistat tubes from what I've read tend to have a certain shelf life a much better option would be to go to www.heartfeltindustries.com or www.cigarmony.com and get yourself some humidity beads. I've used both companies and they're top notch.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Yep, I bet they were just a little too wet, and the foam should be fine, they are not harmful, just silica based I think.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I don't know about the Drymistat, but when I got my first Humi-care humidifier w/beads, the container burst at the seams when I filled it up (there were either too many beads or they filled up with too much water).

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I agree with Daniyal. Maybe the tube got pushed on by the sticks ans squeezed some water out? Also if foam is damp you might want to air out the travel humi and the sticks a little so there is not too much moisture. Might cause mold if the humi is kept closed.