What's new

Edgestar issues...

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Alright, so, my first edgestar is around 5 months old and has been working like a champ... So I decided to get anther one.

The only difference between the two is that the new one has computer fans, and is going to be full of boxes - The old one has no fans and is using drawers.

Well, I got it 2-4 days ago, and it's been working fine until today... Now, it won't cool (Much?)

See, it's currently 85-90 degrees where I am (and no air conditioner in the dorm)... The cooler stays constantly at 79-81 degrees. I have an ETC wired in, computer fans, etc. The ETC is giving me that reading (My hygrometers are on the fritz, so I've stopped using them entirely.)

I'm completely lost on this one. It's set to "coldest" on the dial, but won't get any colder than 80 degrees (However, when I open and close the door, it hits 84degrees, so I assume it is cooling from there to 80...)

Any suggestions? Advice? Ideas? I have no clue what to do. I called edgestar but it's out of hours, so I'm stuck waiting till monday.

And for what it's worth, I have moved all of my cigars (From that cooler) into either double-bagged ziploc freezer bags, or tupperwares, and moved those to my fridge... So the cigars are good (and I intend to move them to the freezer tomorrow... Kill any beetles before that becomes a concern) But the cooler is not. I figure that beetles won't be a concern after the freezing, but I put a damn lot of money into this, I want it to work!!

Anything? Anyone?

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I'm assuming the original one is in the same room and it's working? If it's not in the same room the problem is that it's just too hot in your room and there isn't anything you can do for that. I had a problem with miine and it was because i sat it next to another non thermoelectric fridge that was giving a ton of heat from the compressor. I moved the cigar cooler to the other side of the room and the problem was solved. BTW Edgestra won't be open on Monday (Labor day)

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Empty... The hopeful conclusion ive reached is that the one filled to the brim with drawers and cigars, has the already 68 degree cigars as a buffer.. The empty one is much more a victim of the environment.. Also, the full one is now at 72 - outside the preset regulation range...

I believe ive answered my own question...

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I use an ETC to get my vinotemp at the temperature that I want. It seems to be much more accurate that way.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Putt a small desktop fan on the same table w the units facing the backs but also facing sideways. Should help it circulate the ambient air more and help the problem. Could be your 15 dollar fix.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
J - both have etc's, Ohio's just too damn hot... Its 95 in my dorm.

Jfire - ill go do that now, thanks! More circulation... Shoulda thought of that sooner!

Thanks guys!
I live in east liverpool, and work in pittsburgh...if your ever down my way, hit me up....

Im suprised your dorm doesnt have ac

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
too bad summer is almost over or I would hook you up with a window unit....having a home depot line of credit is nice...

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Heh, maybe we'll make a deal... Summer has a way of coming back, and during the winter the furnaces here blow full blast and its still 80-90 in the dorm...

Also, east liverpool is only an hour away. Maybe we could find a b&m somewhere between us and meetup sometime?