What's new

Emergency Use of Heartfelt Beads

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I spent all day outside yesterday and had my iPhone in the side pocket of my cargo shorts. An old friend called and invited us to dinner and said he'd be by in about 45 minutes. I hustled inside, stripped off my clothes and jumped in the shower. The wife swings through, grabs my clothes off the floor and takes 'em straight to the laundry. While waiting for our friends to show up, she takes the clothes out of the washer and comments that my shorts feel oddly heavy... ... ... I realize then, that my phone is still in the cargo pocket :shame:

So, after a few minutes of blasting with the air compressor, I brought it inside and slipped it into a half pound bag of dry 65% Heartfelt beads. Some 20 hrs later, I removed the phone from the bag and could see that a few of the beads were now clear.

I tried powering up to no avail. AT&T and Apple Store basically said I was screwed. After a few minutes on the charger, the phone lit up and is working fine! Only issue remaining is a streaky LCD and the camera is still buggy. Tonite, it goes back into the beads for a few more hours.

Googling and Youtubing returned a lot of posts recommending sticking a wet phone into a bag of uncooked rice. The theory is the same, although I just happened to have the 1/2 lb of beads that I hadn't got around to placing into the Vinotemp.

With the advancing technology of smart phones, it's amazing how much of my life and extremely necessary info can be lost in just a few quick seconds! I keep EVERYTHING in my phone!

Hope it never happens to you, but if it does, all is not lost!

THANKS, Heartfelt!

Last edited:

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
LOL if the beads don't work and you have renters insurance and the deductible isn't too high try going that route. It worked for me, but it might depend on your insurance company.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Glad things worked out for you. I had my phone fall into a glass of water a while back and did the bag of rice thing...worked well.

Dan

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks for sharing your horrible experience, hope everything turns out for the best my friend!