What's new

empty boxes as trays... lid on or off?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a coolidor and two foot looker humis that have a lot of space but not enough single stick storage. Ive got a bunch of empty boxes i wanted to use as trays but am wondering if i should take the tops off or on? seems like i would leave on cause if you buy a box you wouldn't rip it apart, but also i start thinking about allowing them to "breathe" with the lids off kinda like trays... opinions?

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The wood should be porous enough to allow humidity to penetrate to the inside, after all, the original cigars were stored in there with the lid on. I agree with Jesse's point, but if they're inside a cooler, you can't see them anyway. Neither way is wrong, so whichever way you choose is right.

Cardinal

Conscientious Objector
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Or you can go middle ground, and just crack the lids of the boxes for a little airflow. I doubt it'll make much difference, but that's what I do anyway.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I've used open boxes as trays for almost two years now. No lids. Two are normal height.Two are cut down to tray height, and inch or so.
Never had any issues.I can provide pictures tomorrow if I remember..

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Naa. I'm clean this week. Wiseguy Holiday. Bom Kipper.
But the Alphabet Bomber told me he's gonna send you enough letter bombs to spell your whole name in German if you're not nice to me :angelic:

LOLz! j/k

Last edited: