What's new

Fan Timers

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
arrived about 2 weeks ago. Been testing them for last 2 weeks. so far, I have 1 model that runs for 2 minutes, then turns off for 15. Another model runs for 2 minutes, then turns off for 30 minutes.

i figure that the first model should be good if you are having some serious trouble with uneven humidity. if you have a 6' x 2' x 1.5' humidor, you have approx 18 cu ft of interior volume (actually less). If the humi is half full, then you have about 9 cu ft of air volume. if you run a 17 CFM (cubic foot per minute output) for 2 minutes, then you should have moved about 34 cu ft of air. so roughly 4 times the amount of open air that is in your cabinet. I can use a little higher cfm fan so that the 1 fan would move about 5 or 6 times the amount of air. I can also add an extra fan for double the output.

if you are not having any serious issues, but just like the idea of moving the air around a bit, the the 2 minute on, 30 minute off should be just fine.

just remember that fans are a good idea, but only run them enough to get the job done.

here are the costs.

timer with 1 fan, power supply, cable clips.......$100
extra fan $25 which includes stronger power supply and more wiring.

i have an adjustable that i am testing, but i am not thrilled with it. the adjustments are very quirky and inaccurate. we will see what happens.