What's new

First Tupperdor

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well I got the tupperdor cleaned up. I washed it well and then let it sit with a small container of baking soda inside for a day. After I took this picture I added some cedar shims from an old Rocky Patel cigar box I had laying around. I had let the box sit with an 84% boveda inside for over a week. So, the wood should be decently seasoned.

IMAG0293.jpg

The weird thing is two of the Bovedas were starting to get crunchy, but now they are feeling nearly full again. I need to get a hygrometer to keep an eye on things. I also need to convince the wife to let me finish filling it up.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Good luck on convincing the wife, I go with the what she doesn't know won't hurt her theory. I like using the Zederkoff hygrometers from eBay, they have a nice big screen and are only off by +/- 2%.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Good luck on convincing the wife, I go with the what she doesn't know won't hurt her theory.
Since joining this group of questionable degenerates, I've had two uncomfortable conversations with my wife. Both started with her asking a question:: "How many cigars do you have now?" and, just recently, "how many pipes do you have now?"
Just buy two for every one you smoke and that will add up pretty quickly

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The weird thing is two of the Bovedas were starting to get crunchy, but now they are feeling nearly full again..
Thats a good thing. After the higher seasoning rh, the dry Bovedas are absorbing the extra humidity and bringing the rh down to the proper level.

I also need to convince the wife to let me finish filling it up.
Look up one of the "show me your stash"-type threads, show her some of the very large stashes of these unrepentant hoarders, then announce "I'll never get like that. At most, I just want a Wineador." By comparison, that will seem very reasonable!