What's new

Free Humidifier-What's your thoughts?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Went into my local B&M today and told them my cabinet is done. Told them my next purchase was going to be a humidification system. So, as good as they are to me (most of the time), they go into the back room and bring this out.

The question is, is it worth a crap?

It was FREE, so I ain't complaining. Just want to know if anyone has heard of it before and what your thoughts are. It's not as "updated" as the ones out there today.

Appreciate your thoughts, in advance.

Thanks

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I am sure that with a good cleaning it would work as good as new, as for how good new was... :dunno:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am familiar with the humidifresh. It uses an analog type of control that like the MoistnAire can be a bit difficult to get adjusted, but will sometimes work really well, once adjusted---& then sometimes not.

The Humidifresh are typically sold for large commercial humidors, have 110V high output fan & hold a lot of water. It's probably overkill for your size humidor. Just the fan & air openings alone may put out enough moisture to maintain 65-70%. I wouldn't fill it up completely with water. You may get mold before you go through that much water.

Cant hurt to try it, but I would suggest you keep a close eye on it initially to make certain it does not overhumidify your humidor. When you get in the upper ranges-60-70% a couple of degrees on the dial can sometimes yield a big change in RH.

good luck with it.

Bob Staebell

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
We use then in our one store that has only cabinets. They work well. Check the felt wick out to make sure it's not mildewy. If it is look for a replacement or wash it. They work just fine and I'm sure for you with the cabinet not being opened 20+ times a day it'll do you just fine. All you do is fill the bitch with some distilled water and set the humidity. However I would check the setting with one you know that is accurate. I've set ones at work to 60% to come in find condensation on a window the next day because it ran non stop. Each one has it's own error range.

Not that i need to tell you but just run all the screws out of the top and pull it off to access and clean the inside. Plus like I said the setting on the back isn't worth a shit when it comes to accuracy. About the felt though I requested new ones for the store but I'm not sure you can get new felt/wick. I believe the whole setup is rather inexpensive and not designed to be serviceable.

And yeah what Bob said. I was writing mine as he posted.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
if it works for you, than you saved money. But as Bob said, do keep an eye on it with a calibrated hygrometer. For free, its worth the try. Too spend the kind of $ that they are asking for a new model would be crazy.

Last edited:

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
if it works for you, than you saved money. But as Bob said, do keep an eye on it with a calibrated hygrometer. For free, its worth the try. Too spend the kind of $ that they are asking for a new model would be crazy.
Well Ron, if it doesn't work, you and I will be talkin.

Thanks gents.