What's new

Getting Married, Getting a box of cigars and no storage..

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey guys. Im getting married next month and i am getting a box of cigars as a present from myself. Not sure which cigar to get yet, but I know what I like so far. The problem is, I wont have a humidor to keep them in. Im going to order them online and have them delivered to my house. My soon to be wife will be there and she wants to buy me a humidor for a gift. Which should I get? I dont want to break the bank buying one, but need one to store at least 20-50 cigars. Anyone got any suggestions?

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
you said not to break the bank. There are many affordable humidors out there. You just need to make sure it has a good seal, and most prefer non glass top as they tend to leak.

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I have the Ravello that I got from cheaphumidor.com for $109. I say it holds about 150 sticks. For me it was one of the biggest humidors that still was cheap. It has worked great for me.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
There are plenty of good choices at our site sponsors, but another good option is to head to a local brick & mortar and see what kind of selection they have.

A couple of things to keep in mind: it really depends on how many cigars you plan on storing...AND how quickly you plan on expanding. I would suggest looking for a humidor that will be half to 3/4's full with the box that you are getting. That assumes some extra room for more cigars, but not so much that you are under-filling the humidor. And keep in mind that empty space has a way of filling itself up! ;)

Best of luck!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Famous has some real good deals on humidors. also keep an eye on cheaphumidors.com imperfect sale, you can find some real bargins if you dont mind a scratch or scrape. just remeber buy as much space as you can afford. Since your on the road alot i would recommend getting a travel humidor like the cigar caddy from cigarsolutions. they are a sponser here and Ron is a great guy.

Another thing i might suggest since your new to cigars is instead of investing in a box you might want to buy a variety of sticks to get a wider feel of what is out there. just that what you love today may be just ok 6 months from now. but if a box is what you really want may i recommend the padron #2000 maduro or Londres Maduro. great ROTT(right off the Truck) and develop nicely with some age.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/the+treasure+dome+humidor/item+26490
http://stores.cigarsolutions.com/-strse-Cigar-Caddy--dsh--30-pct--Off/Categories.bok
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_code=ch&Category_code=imperfects

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The first cigar I smoked was the 2000. Fell in love with it. It is my favorite stick at the moment. Im definitely trying new ones, but the 2000 is what hooked me.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Maybe that is a good cigar to get the box of. You know you like them now, we know they don't get worse with age. you don't want to buy a box of something you don't like..right?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
yep. Probably will get that box...either that or the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990...what an awesome cigar that was the other day. Hell, I might get both...lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If temperature is not an issue, a large tupperware container and a couple of Boveda pacs would do a great job until you decide just what you really want.

I have a dozen, different sized wood humidors, five or six different tupperware containers - all their contents are now packed into an Avanti 28 bottle frig.

I would wait until you know what you really want (or need) before plunking down the cash for a humidor you might out-grow in a few months.

In the mean time, you can spend that money on some great cigars!!!!!!

Happy nuptials. And a few minutes before the ceremony, stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself - "Self, what the hell have a done?????" lol just kidding.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I will cut you a nice deal on a Savoy humidor. Holds a true 50-75 cigars, but they call it a 100 count. Brand new in box for $40 plus shipping. PM me if you want it.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I will cut you a nice deal on a Savoy humidor. Holds a true 50-75 cigars, but they call it a 100 count. Brand new in box for $40 plus shipping. PM me if you want it.
Atta boy Ron. Can't find better people and sponsors than right here.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
WTG, you're never going to find a better deal than that. Jump on it and spend the rest of the budget on some ultra premiums