What's new

Good deal?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I't is a good brand, and a good size. You can find similar fridges for less, I do not know how much that one retails for. Call him and say you've only got $150, and then budge to $170. Never pay asking price on CL. Pros, convenient, do not have to wait or pay for shipping. cons, how long has it bee running? My fridge only kicks on in the summer, so is off most of the year, running time is extremly low. Maybe 1 full month out of 2 years. You'll need a external temp controller, fairly soon. Most of the year mine never kicks on.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
That one looks like it may have a compressor (stair step on the bottom) which is bad. You want one zone thermoelectric

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
That one looks like it may have a compressor (stair step on the bottom) which is bad. You want one zone thermoelectric
ask about that...mine has a stair step and is thermo-electric. Agian, tell him you have $150, and if that is thermo it might be good pick up for you.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
You can find a better price, and a better unit bro.

avanti is a good brand, but this model is one of their "beverage" coolers and may have a compressor drived "drivetrain." these are harsh on stogies, and can actually dry out the air inside the unit. (just go look and see...)

For a 28 bottle avanti, vinotemp, or edgestar... 100-150 is the sweet spot you can sometimes catch. Keep your eyes open on CL and other online sources for scratch and dent or refurbs and you'll find your fridge.

Thermoelectric is the magic word by the way... you want the literature to say thermoelectric, and you can spot the difference in person by the presence of a small fan grate in the dead center of the back of the box usually, and no "stair" in the bottom back.

Good luck.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Looks good Ant, but you have to make sure it's thermoelectric. That's a very important factor when deciding what to get.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Do you have AC? If you do I wouldn't bother with a wineador and just get a cabinet humidor. That's what I have in my basement. I don't have AC in the basement, but I leave the door to the basement open and cool air goes down in there. I have never had a problem with my temp., even this year with the crazy heat we have had. I personally don't think it is necessary here on Long Island to use a wineador. That's just my personal opinion, you can take it with a grain of salt, but I would put my money in a nice cabinet humidor.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Do you have AC? If you do I wouldn't bother with a wineador and just get a cabinet humidor. That's what I have in my basement. I don't have AC in the basement, but I leave the door to the basement open and cool air goes down in there. I have never had a problem with my temp., even this year with the crazy heat we have had. I personally don't think it is necessary here on Long Island to use a wineador. That's just my personal opinion, you can take it with a grain of salt, but I would put my money in a nice cabinet humidor.
That's what I've been thinking about doing as well. There is a very nice one I've had my eye on around the web. I can find it decently priced, but the shipping is what kills.