What's new

HCM Bead Canisters vs. Cigar Mechanic Humidifier (quick review)

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have been using a "Cigar Mechanic 250 Large Rectangle Cigar Humidifier" for a year and a half now in my 100 count and recently upgraded to a new 250 count humidor. The Cigar Mechanic humidifier uses "nano-bead technology" that they claim is great. Well the humidity constantly fluctuated and the beads have already started breaking down after just a year and a half. Even in the 100 count, the Cigar Mechanic Humidifier had a very slow recharge rate. I decided it was time for an upgrade and purchased the new 4" HCM bead canister. Michael is the man! Placed an order and got my email hours later and it was shipped off within 24 hours. Great packaging and instructions. I put it in early yesterday afternoon and checked it this morning when I woke up. 65% on the dot. Came home from work tonight, 65% on the dot. Left it open for 5 minutes then shut it to check the recharge rate. An hour later I opened it and 65% on the dot. WOW! Another thing is the beads are all the EXACT SAME SIZE. I have OCD and the Cigar Mechanic humidifier disappointed me greatly as the beads were all different sizes and some were cracked when I got it. I cant believe I waited this long to upgrade. The canister looks big in the photos but it is only a 4 inch Canister yet holds approximately 8 ounces of beads. I will post another update in a month to report more progress and how it holds up.

(Comparison)

(Cigar Mechanic beads)

(HCM Beads)

(HCM In the Humidor)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thanks for posting this Nick, I thought about picking the canister up for my new humi but went with the regular bead bags instead.
Will definitely pick these up next time.
Look forward to seeing how they hold up over a few months.

Edited to add I agree Michael is the man, very easy to deal with and quick to reply.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My HCM Beads aren't that big... Glad they are working for you. They didn't work because of the high humidity in my country but they do work for most people.