What's new

Heartfelt Beads Question?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hey brothers, I have had 2lbs of Heartfelt beads in my wineador for a little under a year and have only had to spray with distilled water about every 3 months. Today when I took them out to respray I noticed instead of the white color when they need water it had a light yellowish tint. So I sprayed it like normal and instead of clear they turned a dark yellowish brown and gave off a very strong wood cedar/ammonia mix smell? I took these out of my wineador for the time being and filled with boveda packs. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a way to still use them or do I just need to throw them away and find another humidity option? Any suggestions or tips are appreciated!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
From what i've read it happens cause the beads are absorbing the ammonnia being release by your cigars. you can use them and in my experience won't impart any odor on your cigars. So No need to throw the beads away, it's happened to me and several others have posted the same thing. You have to completely dry out the beads and that should take care of color and odor. To dry out the beads you can just leave them out assuming your ambient humidity is below what the beads are set at. Another option is to put them in the fridge to dry out. Another thing is if you use a plastic container to hold the beads that may also have absorbed some of the smell if so just let some baking soda or activated charcoal sit in there a while to remove the odor

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather than start a new thread I thought I would highjack, i mean add to this one. When you buy the tubes do they come filled with beads or do you have to buy the beads separately?

Thanks