What's new

Heartfelt, Cigar Mechanic, or QualityRH Beads

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I chose the heartfelt beads. Reviews of the other beads led me to believe they have cracking and splitting issues. It didn't change their performance, but I didn't want to chance any of that residue escaping my stocking bag and getting in my humi. From what I've read on here, it seemed like the KL was alot of trial and error to get it set at the percentage you desired. That could also be fun, but being mostly a novice, I liked the fact that the beads were "pre-set" and have had no worries since then.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I use beads I got on the bay and they do as they should... I don't think theres a difference that much
What humidity % do they keep for you? What do you use for storage.

I have been a long time hf bead user. They keep my cooler at a rock solid 63 in winter and about 66 in summer

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
What humidity % do they keep for you? What do you use for storage.

I have been a long time hf bead user. They keep my cooler at a rock solid 63 in winter and about 66 in summer
They keep about 67% in my 100ct humidor. I had to spray a few times when température changed but otherwise no issue.
They don't fluctuate much.
The beads are mainly in a coffin, with a few tubos here and there to help spread it all.

Although I likely have twice the recommanded ammount of beads in there...