What's new

Heartfelt Humidity Beads

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I’m considering purchasing a half pound bag of the Heartfelt 65% RH beads. I am going to replace the floral foam in my rectangular humidifiers with the beads. I have been trying to keep the RH around the 70% standard. Some say the cigars should be kept between 68% and 72% RH. My humidors (two 100 ct and one 50 ct) vary between 65% and 70% using the PG solution and distilled water. Some cigar shop owners and cigar manufacturers I’ve spoken with recommend that the RH be below 70% so I’m thinking of giving the 65% beads a try. I’m looking for something that will stay more consistent also. Is 65% RH better and has anyone had any problem with the RH going below 65% with these beads. Also, at 65% will my maduros loose that nice sheen on the wrappers? I don’t want my cigars to get too dry.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
You will find varying opinions on the RH level. What ever you like is what you should do. Myself and many others here find the cigars smokes better less than 70. I use the 65% beads and have never been happier. between 60 and 70 % you cigars are plenty safe. so find a level theat works and go for it. You will not be disappointed in the beads.

By the way, hit up the Intro forum and tell us little about your self. That way we can all say hi.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The general wisdom is that 70% works best for aging the cigars, but they smoke best around 65%, or even less. If you REALLY want to be anal retentive about it, you could set up separate humidors for sticks for aging and sticks for smoking. OTOH some people have different preferences. I have a buddy who likes his cigars on the wet side...

Personally, I started with 70% beads and have gradually morphed to 65%. Either way, I wouldn't get too obsessive about it.

Pendaboot

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with that idea. My two cabinets are at 70% and my smaller humidors at home and at the office I keep at 65%. I thing they smoke better when they are a bit dryer, but I have so much invested in all those boxes that I'm afraid to keep them ALL at 65%.