What's new

Heartfelt Question..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sent this question to the e-mail address at Heartfelt web page, but could not get an answer. I recently bought a Vinotemp Vt-12 TEDi. Measures are approximately 20*20*14 inches and will be receiving some of those great shelves made by GolfNut.

Is that enough to put 350 gr. (~11 ounces) Heartfelt beads ?

I am also planning to put 6 ounces in the lower shelf and 6 ounces in the upper shelf. Is this a good setting ?

And is there any tube or other convenient housing suggestions for storing these 6 ounces of beads as I do not want to use a plate or mesh bags..

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
well according to the calculator on the heartfelt site 11oz should do it although more is better just gets to the set RH faster.
Heartfelt volume calculator

As for where you place them really shouldn't make a difference but in my experience the top of the cabinet will usually be a bit lower than the bottom by about 1-2RH, just depends on your local conditions.
I wouldn't recomend a tube for 6oz, remember the more surface area exposed to the beads better/faster they work, you sacrifice a lot of surface area in a tube for that amount of beads.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Yes, but as I am from Turkey, I am not familiar with the measures here:bigeyes:

Given the measures in my post, what could be the best setting ??

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
In my Vinotemp 28 bottle I use the medium tubes and have 1 in each of my 4 drawers and then a plate in the bottom of my humi with about 3-4 oz's of beads in it, plus a mesh bag in the middle where the shelf is. I like to keep them evenly spaced through out the humi. It sounds like you should have enough beads, but the rule of thumb with the beads is more is better than not enough, being two way there is no harm in having an extra ounce or two of beads.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering the smaller size of the cooler should I split the amount evenly in four shelves or splitting the amount in two is enough ??

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Considering the smaller size of the cooler should I split the amount evenly in four shelves or splitting the amount in two is enough ??
Two should be fine, I'd say. But if you wanna do 4, do 4. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great !! I really appreciate your help. Final question. What is the best way to house them in a smaller cooler? Tubes, ashtray, plate, mesh bag ??

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Great !! I really appreciate your help. Final question. What is the best way to house them in a smaller cooler? Tubes, ashtray, plate, mesh bag ??
Personally, for the drawers I like the medium sized tubes because they are the same size as a toro cigar pretty much and it doesn't take away from storage space using them.