What's new

Help me Ron... plz

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a question in the humidor storage I believe and they sent me to you.

I just bought the small size case beads from heartland, the ones that you can stick to the top of a humidor, and had a quick question.

My humidor is roughly 200 cubic inches and its enough for what ill consume but I bought the 70% beads and was wondering if thats a bit much of overkill and I risk over saturation especially being in the south and our notorious humid weather.

I had already placed my order when I did more research, dumb I know, and found most ppl to say 65% is best when ive been told 70% is optimal.

Any help would be appreciated

NOTE: I did read that the beads wont over saturate as they basically consume or release humidity to help keep it constant but should I just order the 65% since my humidor is so small, and what ill effects am I looking for to tell if 70 is too much.

Thanks again... cheers

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
cigars can be stored at anywhere from 60%-70% humidity. the exact humidity level is your choice regarding if you like a wetter, slower burning cigar or a dryer, quicker burning cigar. Sometimes the humidity choice can be based upon a brand, ring gauge, or country of origin. Bottom line is have fun finding out what you like best.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ty.. as usual I freak out if i am not doing the same things the experienced ones are doing instead of realizing to just have fun and find out what works for me.

Guess with so many ppl saying 70 and 65 that either is fine

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
You'll be fine...don't sweat it! You can also drybox a cigar you are going to smoke a day or two before. This will let you see which you prefer.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
IMO cigars are more flavorful at 70%. I'd keep all of mine at that RH but I've found that a good number of them just don't burn to my liking so I stay at 65% to avoid the annoyance.