What's new

Help Please- Newbie with lots of questions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a new humidor owner. I bought a package deal with a lighter, a cutter, a humidifier with a stick-on magnet, some cigar juice thats premixed propylene glycol humidifier activator solution, and a jar with crystal humidification beads in it.
I've read that you should season your humidor before use with a shot glass of distilled water... but my question is this. Do I use the glass jar with humidification crystals in addition to the humidifier with the magnet on the back? I haven't been able to find any good info concerning the use of both.

Thanks for any info, I appreciate it.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Yes, when seasoning a humidor you can never go wrong by adding additional humidification sources to get your humidor to the proper rH.

Welcome aboard, be sure to stop by the introduction Forum and introduce yourself.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks...

I thought of something else. Do I use the cigar juice on the humidifier as well??

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Don't forget to wipe the whole inside down with distilled water before placing the shot glass. If you choose you can use a small sponge to wipe it down then place the sponge on top of a piece of plastic and leave that in the humi, serves the same purpose of the shot glass. I only use the glycol on the first initial charge of my humidifier and recharge once a month or two as needed. Just refill with distilled water in between recharges. That's how I did mine, there are other ways maybe more or less effective, but it worked for me :thumbsup:

p.s you can use the juice......Nice one Dave must of posted as I was typing.

Last edited:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Just be careful if you choose to wipe it down, getting the wood too wet can warp it. If you choose to wipe it use an unscented sponge and ring it out very well and lightly wipe the wood and I would wait at least 24 hours before wiping it again.