What's new

Help..Possible Vinotemp Problem

Tazman

Tazman in NJ
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi guys, I have a 28 bottle Vinotemp with drawers made by Chas and I use beads in the top drawer and a cigar oasis on the bottom. The unit is plugged in and set at 66. It holds a steady 66/70. The bottom drawer seems to have a problem. My refugee sticks all have some type of gray spots that suddenly appeared on every stick in the bottom drawer. It wipes right off without a problem. I never experienced this before and all the other drawers are fine. Any ideas?

Tazman

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Here you go I found this for you. Google cigar plume and you will see plenty of images too.

Bloom or Plume (same meaning) is a cigar term that describes crystallization due to the rising of tobacco oils from within the cigar to the surface. The air will then dry the excretion creating the crystallized or dusty appearance. Bloom / Plume can appear slightly different on various cigars because every manufacturer will use a different wrapper leaf, filler, curing process, etc.

Cigar bloom / plume will not effect the cigar taste. The discussion, or the need for the bloom / plume, is that the cigar must be resting for a good period of time under great conditions of temperature and humidity. Meaning aging has already played a role in the cigar you are about to smoke

Hope this helps

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
if you just set it up i would doubt its plume if you have a pic that would be great. it may be mold but cant be sure without seeing the evidence. hopefully plume

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
You have the start of mold imo which wipes off easily. Check your hygros. Plume Never appears suddenly but mold certainly will. Wipe off the sticks and youll be fine. Second thought are you u using distilled water or tap, could also be impurities being released from the tap water in oasis which is why its on the lower sticks.

Tazman

Tazman in NJ
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, the guys who think its mold..what can be done to correct the problem? I use beads and distilled wateron the top plus a cigar oasis on the bottom.

Thanks, Tazman

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Add some more 65% beads to the bottom, should soak up any extra moisture you have

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
It's definitely too wet... turn down the oasis... get some air moving... more beads on the bottom... all excellent suggestions.