What's new

Help with coolidor *pics added*

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Alright. I bought the 120QT cooler from Walmart, my question is - how do you add shelves?

Screw in screws into the side half way, and lay a piece of wood on top of the screws?

I'm not exactly a construction man. :bottle:

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Alright. I bought the 120QT cooler from Walmart, my question is - how do you add shelves?

Screw in screws into the side half way, and lay a piece of wood on top of the screws?

I'm not exactly a construction man. :bottle:
PM'd ya Kyle.
--Larry

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Alright, added some L brackets to the inside of my cooler. Ordering some Spanish cedar shelfs to put on top of the brackets.

Beads are being shipped out monday.. should be good to go.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Kyleb, I've had a couple coolidors and I never added shelves. I laid them flat and stacked boxes side by side and then bottom to top. Never had any problems doing this. I'm sorry I can't help more with the shelf idea, but good luck!

Also: Make sure your cooler is stable on it's side like that...I always laid them flat because I didn't want the thing tipping over.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thank you for the input!

I really wanted to find a way to have this coolidor up-right, I'm not sure why though. I plan on putting a few of my heavier boxes on the bottom, hopefully this will keep it sturdy.

I'll keep the thread updated as I progress with this project.. thank you for a response!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Like Jason said I have kept mine flat(in fear of it tipping over) but I just put the boxes in there with no shelves. As of now I have two 48qt coolidors in the basement, and I just put full boxes in there as they come and I got some empty boxes for singles or five packs. And please update pictures I would like to see how you come out.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I believe Igloo makes coolers with grooves on the sides that can be used to slide in the shelves. I have also seen people make a lining for their coolers with shelves that fit the entire width and length of the cooler. I guess there's a bunch of ways you can do it and using L brackets is one of them. Good luck with the build.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thank you all for the input.

Yea, I'm adding more brackets to the back to hold the shelfs.

Daniyal, that is the cooler I was looking for, but couldn't find the size capacity I wanted. Thank you for the input!