What's new

Help with Humidor with Drawers?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I just purchased a glass front humidor with 6 equal shelves and one smaller shelf. I am trying to figure out the best way to season it as well as keep it steady.... Do I need to but a Bovida seasoning pack and use it or just get a bunch of sponges. Also, to keep it at 65% should I put heartfelt beads on each shelf or just a bunch on the top shelf? Thanks all!

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=3277"]A primer on humidification and seasoning - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
IMHO I think bowls/tupperware with distilled water soaked florist foam would hasten the seasoning.
Beauty of a Humi by the way.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Yup, bowls of water on each shelf for at least a week, I personally use beads in each drawer and a small plate in the bottom of my vinotemp as well. Might be a little overkill but works for me just fine. But it looks like you could probably get away with one every other shelf, take your measurements and figure out what amount of beads to get and then get a little more than what you need(maybe 25% more). "What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have ... my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog."

Virgeinadeaux

Virgeinadeaux
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I just purchased a glass front humidor with 6 equal shelves and one smaller shelf. I am trying to figure out the best way to season it as well as keep it steady.... Do I need to but a Bovida seasoning pack and use it or just get a bunch of sponges. Also, to keep it at 65% should I put heartfelt beads on each shelf or just a bunch on the top shelf? Thanks all!
I have the exact same humi, and it cooks. The damn thing seals good. If it’s new, I would season it for at least 14 days. After that you’re good for year. Enjoy brother. :applause:

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Gorgeous, functional humi! May I also ask, where did you get it?

I'm starting to explore larger capacity storage solutions. (Sounds scientific, doesn't it?)