What's new

Help with inlay to wood flooring in walk-in humidor

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi guys.

I am currently building a walk-in humidor here in cold Sweden. I am going to use hard oak wood as flooring. I am thinking of using a router to mill in the wood and have som kind of inlay. I am looking for something cigar related in stainless, wood or some other good looking material. Do you guys have any sugestion of something that could look great on an oak floor?

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
what you want to do is entirely possible, and a router is a fantstic tool for the job. You can make templates for shapes you want to cut out, with the 'insert' being just a bit smaller than the 'relief' and it'll just fit perfectly. Be sure to share some pictures when its done!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
A dark marble or granite in the shape of a compass star would be nice. Centered directly on the floor.

Post some pics when it's finished!!!? Whatever you end up doing!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have not fully decided if I am going along with the idea. I am playing with the idea if I should do it in some of the oak shelves or not at all. I am also thinking of if I should router som channels in the oak shelves. I do not need for the air circulation but it could look cool.

Link to walk-in thread:
http://www.botl.org/threads/building-a-walk-in.79255/unread

Last edited: