What's new

Here is what I use...

Brazos Hunter

The man, the myth, the legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
12.jpg 15.jpg 7.jpg Hello, I am Michael and I am addicted to buying/smoking CC's...hahahahaha. Here are a couple cost effective ways (I am sure have been mentioned several times before) to store and age your cigars that I use as well as my everyday humidor.

To age, I use a cheep igloo cooler with boxes inside ziplocks with Boveda 65% packs. This has proven to be very effective in aging because of two things. One it keeps them safe and two, it keeps them out of sight (I keep them in my closet).

For boxes that I am transitioning from the igloo to my daily humidor I use a $20, brand new, craigslist find. An eight bottle wine fridge with the racks removed. I will leave boxes in here for around a month prior to transitioning them to my daily humidor.

From the little transition wineador they get moved to my daily "humidor". CC's and NC's have their own with the exception of a couple overflow CC boxes in the NC one. In my CC winedor I run 65% heartfelt's and kitty litter. In the NC one I am currently using an electronic that I am not 100% happy with as of yet. I also have a couple three 100ct desktop humidors for daily cigars and one setup with cigars I gift to visitors. I will go into more details of my setup and system at a later date.

Have a great weekend and as always, keep it smoky BOTL's!
Michael

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Holy hell man, that's beautiful!

Quick question about your 8-bottle "transition" wineador - what are the differences between the aging cooler and daily humis that you're trying to smooth out? Are you aging them at a different RH than what you keep your daily humis at?