What's new

high humidity

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 100 count glass humidor. It's not a high end humidor but it has done the work. I just started using beads from cheaphumidor.com since January. The last few weeks the humidity has been in the high 70's( I've seen it as high as 79%). The temp has been high but I account that for living in southern cal and having a summer like winter.I am going to move it to a cooler place. When I started using the beads the humidity was pretty on 70% I have them in an open plastic container 5"X5"X2" I've calibrated my hydrometers twice (last time was about a month ago) and have both of them in there and they read about the same. I don't know what is accounting for the high readings. I will calibrate them again this week to see if that is the problem. I figured I would be at least 70% or slightly lower since I don't think the the seal is 100% but this would account for loss of humidity and not a rise. I also have about 30 cigars in there so it is not full.

Any suggestions?

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
First step- take the beads out. Maybe leave lid open for a few hours. From there it's hard to say if you're still having a problem- could be anything.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Maybe I answered my question. Higher temps higher humidity? Thoughts.
Thats part of the equation. Never used those beads before, but use hf beads. 75% or less should be opaque and the other 25% white. Personally dont like to store my cigars above 63%, but to each their own.

Mike

jam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use to calculator on heartfelts web site to see if you to many beads

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Amount of beads should not matter... if you have at least the required minimum. If the beads are too wet they won't absorb moisture, so humidity can spike. My recommendation is to go with 65 percent beads. If used properly from my experience you won't get big spikes even if it's pretty warm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sounds like temp and/or the extra humidity the beads were absorbing has maxed out the beads absorption causing 100% to be saturated. I would pull the beads and let them dry a little outside of the humi.

This is assuming these beads work like HF