What's new

High RH..Please help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. I purchased a dual zone vinotemp and put a half pound of 65% Heartfelt beads in each zone. Now, in order to keep the RH around 65%-67% I need to keep the beads completely dry.:dunno:. When I hydrated them the first time (making about75-80% clear) the RH was staying around 79%. It seems like the beads dont want to absorb the extra humidity. I made a humidor out of a cooler to see if the vino was the problem but got the same result. Is there a possiblity I got dud beads? Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.

P.S I had 4 boxes in the vinotemp to help regulate RH and calibrated both digital hydrometers.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i see that you are from LI. So was I. during the summer, i had no humidification in my cooled cabinets. just dry beads. just use them completely dry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ill see how that works. I mean I did have it running that way. I just wasnt sure if I did something wrong cause I never heard of anyone using dry beads. Thanks Ron.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
My wooden cabinet, which is 5 cubic feet, is maintaining at 70% with nothing in it but cigars and four Oust Fans....I live in North Carolina.