What's new

Highboy Humidor

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently aquired a kit to build this Highboy. It's all very high quality Cherry lumber. No particle boars. The kit is around 3k. My friend picked it up at an estate sale and traded it to me. I'm considering turning it into a humidor if possible. What do you think? Am I frickin nuts? It's 6'6" tall.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Size isn't an issue. 6'6 is a good size. I just am not a fan of it because it doesn't look like one of your pieces. Looks more like a piece my inlaws would have. I think for you to be really happy it would have to be your design.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree, but it would be fun to do. This is an actual period recreation so I like the idea of seeing the joinery and techniques they used back then. I would of course have to put my own twists to it.:grin: I got it for an RC car that has been in the garage for ever.:nodlaugh: I would never claim it to be one of my originals. More just for fun.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
That would be a lot of cigars... and interesting to see how you would get it to seal perfectly or humidify evenly.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Have you thought about how you would handle humidification? All of those drawers are solid boxes. How would you properly humidify the cigars? Seems to me that would be a major problem with that set up. I love the look of highboy's though, classic design.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Remove the drawer fronts and attach them to new slotted cedar boxes. That should take care of the drawers but you already knew that! Agreed that sealing it properly will be the challenge.