What's new

how do I add active cooling to a coolidor

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Adding a thermo electric unit will cost you more cash and time than it's worth. I build a cabinet with thermo-electric and it cost me more in the long run that in I'd just got a wine cooler.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
you would need a thermoelectric cooler with a power supply. you also need a temperature controller to tell the cooling unit when to turn on and off.

you could do it for a hundred bucks if you could scrounge up used parts.

brand new and more sophisticated parts and controls could cost $500 or more.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I was thinking about using a small peltiar cooler and conneting it to my fan that I have in the big coolidore and running it about 5min at a time. I just need to cool it down some. I do not like to use the blue ice bricks

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I was thinking about using a small peltiar cooler and conneting it to my fan that I have in the big coolidore and running it about 5min at a time. I just need to cool it down some. I do not like to use the blue ice bricks

Its not really as easy as just using a peltier. The peltier setup would basically need to look exactly like the thermoelectric units on a wine cooler.

Set up: (From Inside to Outside)
1. Fan Blowing in
2. Heatsink (Cool side metal fins)
3. Peltier
4. Heatsink (Hot side metal fins)
5. Fans blowing on fins to cool them

+ Power supply and circuit board to run everything

Seems like a lot of work and cash (I would assume 75-100$) when wine coolers can be purchased for around 100$ at times.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
you can check this link out and see if it will work for your needs.

[ame="http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showthread.php?t=204376"]Hydra Review, a one-week test - CigarFamily.com -- Official Site of the Arturo Fuente and J.C. Newman Cigar Family[/ame]