What's new

How Do I calibrate a hydro meter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Just bought a new Humi. I seasoned it.
I just want to make sure my hydro is working
properly. Every time I check the hydro it's on
50%. How do i calibrate this thing.

I also noticed that my sticky magnets keep
falling off.They hold the humi pad and the dial. Any suggestions
on how or what I can use to ad hear the magnets?
Thanks
pman

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
A few more details would be good. Is it a digital hygrometer? I only ask because the analog ones are (in my experience) all crap.

Either way, find yourself a Boveda pack either at a local shop or online and put the pack and your hygrometer in a sealed container for a day to a day and a half.

What is this "humi pad" you are describing? Sorry, but I can't really help with the sticky magnets.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more details would be good. Is it a digital hygrometer? I only ask because the analog ones are (in my experience) all crap.

Either way, find yourself a Boveda pack either at a local shop or online and put the pack and your hygrometer in a sealed container for a day to a day and a half.

What is this "humi pad" you are describing? Sorry, but I can't really help with the sticky magnets.
analog

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there ar 2 magnets that have sticky pads that adhear to the box on the inside lid.
This holds the humidiity bar that you pour the distilled water in. They keep falling off.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
there ar 2 magnets that have sticky pads that adhear to the box on the inside lid.
This holds the humidiity bar that you pour the distilled water in. They keep falling off.
Shoot. I hate to say it, but my best recommendation is you start from scratch. Throw that analog hygrometer out the window and into the trash can, unless it's "purty". I've yet to come across one that is accurate and can stay that way. There are plenty of inexpensive and accurate digital versions out there. Check the site sponsors (cigarmony.com or cigarsolutions.com for instance). Get yourself a good digital, some beads and a calibration kit (cigarsolutions has a good digital with a calibration kit sold as a package).

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Jason is right IMO. Got to get a digital one. $20-$30 I think. Analog have never been reliable for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO should I reseason the box and use the beads and get a digital hydo.
Sounds like a plan.

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Shouldn't need to reseason, just set up new gauge and adjust as needed to stabilize at desired humidity

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
SO should I reseason the box and use the beads and get a digital hydo.
Sounds like a plan.
Shouldn't need to reseason, just set up new gauge and adjust as needed to stabilize at desired humidity

I agree, if it was seasoned properly, no need to redo it. Once you get the new hygrometer, and beads, see where it lands. If the beads dry out on 2 days, then yeah, re-season it.