What's new

How do I know when my boveda packs are full?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a 50ct humidor and I use 3 packs of 65% boveda packs for humidity regulation...I live in the rainy northwest. and I have sealed my humi really well. But I notice them(bovedas) getting bigger...how do I know when they have absorbed all the water they can.?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I am going to guess that when the RH on your hygrometer begins to climb, that they aren't working anymore and have reached a saturation point.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
thats when you send them to me...

and I send you my dried out ones... :)

boveda bombs/trades!

(actually I just rehydrate mine)....

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Take out 2 of them and see if it stabilizes the last pack, if its still large take them all out and check the hygrometer more often; during the summer I don't need to use humidification because my seal is great and relative around me is middle 60's.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
I am going to guess that when the RH on your hygrometer begins to climb, that they aren't working anymore and have reached a saturation point.
^^^this would be my speculation as well^^^

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I would seriously think about trading someone for some dried packs and keeping one dried and one hydrated in the humi at all times. Someone should be able to send you dried packs on here for next to nothing.....
Edit:
The bigger a humi pack gets the harder is is for the humi pack to absorb humidity at the correct rate.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I would seriously think about trading someone for some dried packs and keeping one dried and one hydrated in the humi at all times. Someone should be able to send you dried packs on here for next to nothing.....
I could seriously use some bovedas if that's true... Noone carries em here haha

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get them on Amazon cheap and with free shipping (new ones, not dried out ones I mean. ;) ).

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
You can get them on Amazon cheap and with free shipping (new ones, not dried out ones I mean. ;) ).
Thanks for that info....saves me 2 bucks each on them! Not to mention the only store that does not only have the 72 percent near me..... is super hard to get to on the bus.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that info....saves me 2 bucks each on them! Not to mention the only store that does not only have the 72 percent near me..... is super hard to get to on the bus.
Glad I could help another brother! I always get mine on Amazon because it seems like everyone here only stocks the 72% as well, and I like to use the 69% packs which keeps my humi at about 65%-66%.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
How can you dry out a pack if the ambient humidity is too high?

I would think the fridge would impart a smell for example?
I've never had to worry about mine getting too wet so I'm not sure. I would think that putting them in your oven at a low heat setting would probably do the trick. I'd be sure to put them on some sort of tray just in case they spilt open though. Maybe try it with one first and see what happens?

Last edited: