What's new

How Durable is your Wineador?

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm back and forth on buying a wineador after buying a large cabinet last year. I got to thinking how long do these things last? 1 year? 2, or 10? I know it depends on make and model but I would like some input on how long you guys have had yours. Right now I'm looking at the Newair 28 on Ebay shipped for 175. I don't want to drop (370$ with trays beads and ETC x2 to hold my stash so thats 740$) the dough if it's going to crap out in less than 3-5 years, I would like it to last 10.

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My Vino has lasted 2years plus.
But it didn't cost me 175.
I'd stay away from Hairer brands. I had a wine cooler that lasted less than a year before it gave out. Luckily there was a recall on it and I got my full money back on it.

Its pretty durable... I sit on it all the time.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I have a vino that is on it's third year I believe(bought it used from a brother), sadly I think it is on it's last leg now. On the plus side if it needs to be replaced all that I need is the fridge itself as I have the beads/trays/shelf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will get alot of different answers, I myself was on the fence and did a ton of research. The reviews on the NewAir's are pretty poor and kept me from buying one of them. However they were all reviews from people storing wine and not cigars.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I would stick to the more popular brands (avanti, vinotemp, edgestar), most people that build trays and drawers easily make them for these units and you dont have to worry about getting something custom made which may take a lot more time and money.

I would think the life on these things (as long as you take care of it) would be close to 10 years. Mine needed a new peltier unit, 30$ or so and a little time and mine works better than new. The other great thing about these is that if the unit were to fail, assuming you bought a 120-150 vinotemp or something, all you would need to do is pull the trays out of the old one and put them into a new one. They can get expensive but the money is in beads and trays.