What's new

Humi System

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Gents. You know how it goes. You begin taking the hobby seriously, so you go out and buy yourself a nice BIG humidor!

Well that's not the humidor I want to talk about. I want to talk about all those small ones that some of us buy thinking, "this will be my aging humidor." "This other one will be my brand ABC resting humidor..." Next thing I knew, I had three 100 to 120 count humidors. They all work ok - but man, you need to maintain them all the time. At least that's what I felt.

I needed a Solution.

So I found this:

The theory (in my mind at least) was that surely if I put my little humi's inside this bigger box, the smaller humi's would be less susceptible to temp and RH spikes. Just to be sure, I built a cavity on the bottom and threw in 8lbs of kitty litter. I figured if the environment outside my little humi's had a higher RH than inside my little humi's (65RH), surely I would have to replenish the Heartfelt beads less often.

The highlighted area shows the kitty litter below.

And gents... Let me tell you, I think my reasoning was sound! I have been using this system for some time now and it works like a charm!! The RH hovers where the beads were designed to hover, and the temps are a constant 68-70*.

This system really works.

If you got a box hanging around and you want a really stable environment for your sticks to hang out - give it a shot. I am well pleased! You might be as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's pretty sharp! Do you keep an inventory in your notebook?
Thanks guys.

As for keeping inventory - no. I used too via an excel spreadsheet, but it got depressing as I put prices in there as well lol!! The 33 cigars books are a way for me to rate my sticks. I used to do it in a Moleskine, but I began writing novels. I am hoping these will keep it simple and short :).

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Nice, I thought about taking notes to see how my taste change over time but I have a hard time picking notes of flavors up. I can taste differences but I cant quite nail down how to explain them yet. But I do know if I like or dislike something

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking notes/reviewing really makes you focus - it'll help you refine your taste buds. I recommend it. I generally will smoke two or three of the same smoke before I review it for consistency. I note however, when I first started I didn't smoke two or three first, and the excitement that I had when I discovered a great new smoke is lost in the review when you have a couple three first lol.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
interesting maybe ill start looking into 5 packs when I buy again then try to take some notes after smoking two or three of them