What's new

Humidification Advice

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hey brothers,

My birthday is a week away and my girlfriend is buying me a cigar footlocker. What would you guys suggest as humidifcation?

I was thinking of just buying half a pound of Heartfelt Beads and measuring out some?? How much should I use? The calculator recommends 5oz but does that factor in boxes and trays and stuff? Idk!?!?

If you think Heartfelt is the way to go, is there any coupons out?

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Heartfelt is good. Buy the .5 pound and divide up into 4 equal portions to place around the footlocker (one in each tray). I would also get 3 Boveda 65% and put in there for redundancy and backup. This setup is basically idiot proof. I HATE THAT EXPRESSION BUT IT FITS. I use kitty litter but heartfelt is better.

BUT FIRST YOU SHOULD SEASON IT BEFORE YOU PUT ANYTHING INTO IT. Get the Boveda seasoning pack x2 because it's big and follow the directions for seasoning.

BTW: how big is it or the # of sticks it holds and do you have enough cigars to fill it? That would affect the way the footlocker will hold and maintain the humidity.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Another vote for heartfelt here. I use a little under a pound in my humi now and ordered another 2 pounds for my wineador build in a few weeks. Love those beads!