What's new

humidifier device size?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello there i have a small standing cabinet cigar humidor and have been using the clear crystal kitty litter stuff for my humidifier which has been working but only holds for about 4 days before i have to water the kitty litter again.
my question is i am looking at replacing that setup for a oasis system type of humidifier device, but dont want a huge one that will give to much humility my humidor fits about 20 boxes of cigars full 14 open and 6 closed should i get the device that is good for 8 cubic feet of humidification or do i need more cubic feet of humidification?
like a cigar oasis xl xl plus or the hydra sm or lg or humi-care eh plus or the humi-care xg100 system?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
your budget is going to be the deciding factor. You mentioned a bunch of "made in china" humidifiers. None of these have the ability of an Accumonitor. We have the ez model and the 5-10 that will be perfect for your cabinet.

if you lmk what you want to spend, I can help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look like nice units but over my budget like 150 is my limit right now n was wondering what a good unit would be? I'm not good on the cubic feet conversion for size of a humidor so would 5,8, or a 10 cubic foot range be good? Just need something that I won't have to monitor for a while or worry about
I listed the units before bc I heard lot of people using them but didn't know if they were any good or not

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
it sounds like you have a cabinet that is about the same size as an avallo 1000, so about 7 cu ft.

it also sounds from your post that your cabinet is a little leaky. I say that because you claim to be adding water every 4 days.

Here is what you have to think about. If you buy a Cigar Oasis or Hydra, they will be overworked because of the leaky cabinet. If they run a lot, then they will have a shorter lifespan.

so see if you can improve the seal a little bit with some weatherstriping around the door.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you the cabinet has the weather strips on it already the kitty litter is just not holding humidity it holds steady 4 days at 67 percent on the 5 or 6th day its 66% then a few days later its 65% I'm trying to have it hold steady at 70% steady
The cabin stands about 4 feet on a 2 foot stand two glass sliding doors with 4 long shelves n a area on bottom that can house closed boxes along w a humidifier device previous owner used a green plant foam that held 68 to 70% humidity which I don't want to run rather have a actual device
I don't think its leaky its just what I'm using is starting to fail n want less monitoring thank you again for help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I was trying to get rid of the kitty litter bc I won't be able to fit it once the humidor is full only the oasis system that's why I was wondering about the size n which one would be good to use

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a hole in the top of the humidor which was cut to allow a power cord for a lamp that was previously installed for the top rack I taped that good up n left it for three days n humidity still went down to 66% instead of holding at 68% which it was at bf I left town what could be wrong w the humidor beside not having the right humidity device?
Because there r seals around the doors n its tight when they're closed should I un tape the hole or it leave it there seems like it did better w humidity w it un taped that's why I'm asking thx again