What's new

Humidifiers- Which one?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there, Im pretty new to the intrigueing world of cigars and am just starting up my first humidor. I dont intend on keeping a large collection of cigars on hand so instead of buying a commercial humidor, I'm content with what some may know as a "tupperdor". Mine will basically consist of an old 25 Cigar Box inside an air tight tupperware container. My question is: what humidifier type should I get to suit my purpose?

Thankyou,

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
looks like a Heartfelt Industries Humidity Beads Tube would be your best bet. They also have other forms of bead storage, such as rectangular and circular humidifier cases as well as mesh bags. See all of them here. You could also purchase the beads and put them in a shallow dish if you please. They have different sizes based on the size of your storage area in cubic inches, but they have a calculator which will tell you what size tube (amount of beads) here.

Welcome to BOTL, why don't ya stop by the introductions forum and introduce yourself! Glad you found us!

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
A Boveda would be perfect.
he's right! Boveda humidifiers are very effective and great quality! You can find them here. It's also worth noting that, IMHO at least, 65% is your best choice for Rh; many places suggest 70%, but I've found from personal experience (and the experience of most BOTLs that I know of) that the cigars burn best at 65% Rh. Again, :welcome:

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Since he's in the land down under, he'll find it nearly impossible to get his hands on a Boveda, but, mate, if you're interested in getting some, I have a couple spare that I could send out to you.
Just PM your address! :stretchgr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since he's in the land down under, he'll find it nearly impossible to get his hands on a Boveda, but, mate, if you're interested in getting some, I have a couple spare that I could send out to you.
yeah couldn't find any Australian dealers for the Boveda, but managed to pick some up from the US on eBay. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
356   0   0

:thumbsup: