What's new

Humidity Level

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of Vinotemp's 12-bottle wine coolers ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/Vinotemp-VT-12TEDi-12-Bottle-Thermoelectric-Cooler/dp/B00280KZ1Y"]Amazon.com: Vinotemp VT-12TEDi 12-Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Black: Appliances@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31lHnMPiHIL.@@AMEPARAM@@31lHnMPiHIL[/ame]).

I have thrown 3 * 4-ounce Heartfelt tubes in the cooler and it is currently running at about 65 F. I also covered the draining hole with a pair of earbuds. I started using the cooler fully about two days ago after a long seasoning period. I have almost 150 sticks in the drawers.

My problem is that the humidity is around 90 in the top drawer and around 78 in the bottom drawer for the last two days.

What might be the possible reasons for high humidity levels ? Suggestions ?

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Need a LOT more info...

What type of humidifier do you have?
What RH is it set at?
Is it calibrated properly?
What type of hygrometers do you have?
Have they been properly calibrated?
What is the temperature in the room? Does if fluctuate?
What is the temperature in the humi?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of humidifier do you have?
Heartfelt Beads
What RH is it set at?
Is it calibrated properly?
Yes
What type of hygrometers do you have?
Xikar Rectangular
Have they been properly calibrated?
Yes
What is the temperature in the room? Does if fluctuate?
73 F / No
What is the temperature in the humi?
65 F

Thank you.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
No expert here, first off. RonC is our resident humidity professor...I'm sure he'll chime in here at some point.

You had mentioned seasoning the humi....What was the humidity reading before you put the cigars inside?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 71 for almost two weeks. Right after I have loaded it with cigars and Heartfelt beads (12 ounces), and turn the cooler on to keep 65 F, humidity increased.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Did you put too much water in the beads? Are they all clear/wet, or is it more half/half?

You might want to keep the door open awhile (if the air is less humid) to take down the humidity then close it back up.

I personally left the drain alone in both of my wine coolers to allow the condensation to drain like it's meant to. I've never had a problem with my humi being stable, or with condensation forming inside because I didn't plug the drain. I know a lot of people that do plug the drain, but if you are getting a lot of moisture inside, you might want to unplug it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beads are almost opaque. I'd say max. 30-40% of the beads are clear. I can give it a try and unplug the hole. By the way, there is no condensation inside the cooler.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I'm no expert, but in a closed system, moist air tends to rise.... are all your beads in one spot, or spread around? Do you have a fan that will circulate air?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3*4 ounces of Heartfelt tubes in three different drawers. There is a built-in fan inside the cooler.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
here is what I would do.

lower your humidity level to 65%

put a Johnson temperature conttroller on the fridge, and set it too 70 degrees.

your problem is the combo of too cool a temp and high humidity level.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am currently not in th States, I will not be able to access that device. What if I turn the cooler off ? Room temperature is around 74-75 F. I could also add an Oust fan inside the cooler.