What's new

Humidity question

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a fairly new 100 count humidor. I was using a couple of xikar gel jars(2oz.) size to maintain 64ish rh. I switched to 70 percent heartfelt beads. A large puck fixed under lid and approx. quarter pound or so in panty hose on bottom floor. I have about 70 cigars in it. Boveda pack calibrated caliber 4 hygrometer registers 63-66. Humidor passes dollar bill test. Pretty tight seals. Should it register closer to 70 or what. It's pretty cold and dry here in Oklahoma right now. I have a lot of money invested in my sticks. I just want optimum conditions. Also temp around 67-73 or so degrees. Temp been fluctuating a little. Any opinions appreciated. I'm fairly new to this.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
63-66% is not bad at all. Maybe its because the airs dry. Lots and lots of guys store their sticks 60-65% myself included

Should go over and post an intro before 45 more people tell you to do so :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, not too bad. If you have a lot of $$ invested in sticks you may want to look at getting into a Wineador. I am setting one up right now and there is plenty if info on this forum on setting one up. And I would be happy to help you out since I am going thru the process now and I am trying to note everything for reference. Let me know and good luck! And yeah better go to intros! :D

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah, not too bad. If you have a lot of $$ invested in sticks you may want to look at getting into a Wineador. I am setting one up right now and there is plenty if info on this forum on setting one up. And I would be happy to help you out since I am going thru the process now and I am trying to note everything for reference. Let me know and good luck! And yeah better go to intros! :D
I'm actually on day one of setting up my first winedor. One thing to look into is HCMBEADS.COM they are purchased to 65% and apparently work prefect.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i use HCM beads...3 pounds in my wineador...overkill? maybe but it helps my wineador recover quickly from when i am standing there with the door open trying to figure out what i want to smoke. i prefer my cigars in the 63%-67% RH range and i have not been disappointed with them.

right now inside my wineador it is 64% RH and 72*

now before anybody says...thats to hot, beetles are going to hatch. i freeze all my cigars before i put them in the wineador.

HCM beads over pucks and gels

I have a fairly new 100 count humidor. I was using a couple of xikar gel jars(2oz.) size to maintain 64ish rh. I switched to 70 percent heartfelt beads. A large puck fixed under lid and approx. quarter pound or so in panty hose on bottom floor. I have about 70 cigars in it. Boveda pack calibrated caliber 4 hygrometer registers 63-66. Humidor passes dollar bill test. Pretty tight seals. Should it register closer to 70 or what. It's pretty cold and dry here in Oklahoma right now. I have a lot of money invested in my sticks. I just want optimum conditions. Also temp around 67-73 or so degrees. Temp been fluctuating a little. Any opinions appreciated. I'm fairly new to this.
have you tried the flashlight test? turn on the flashlight put it in the box and place in a dark room and check to see if you see any light.