What's new

Humidor (Box) How humidify?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brothers!

I searched through a few threads but didn't really find an answer to what I was looking for. My first humidor was this giant cabinet I have so I don't really know how to humidify a small box style humidor. My wife bought me a LGC Limitada 2004 humidor for my birthday just because she knows I love LGC. It has a round disk thing in the bottom for humidifying and from what I understand there is a special solution you place on it? Can someone help me understand what to do to this thing?

I know this must be like basic knowledge in Cigar circles so please forgive my ignorance!! :innocent:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is most likely Propylene Glycol. You just need a tiny bit. You can use Distilled Water as well.

Nice gift from the wife. You should keep her!:D
Where do I get Propylene Glycol?

Oh she's definitely a keeper. She's the one that talked me into the cabinet humidor too! That's just the tip of the iceberg!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guy, there is a B&M in town called Serious Cigars I've been meaning to go to and they have it. Sound's like a good excuse to go.....

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
I'd recommend you pull that little disk/puck out, pull the green foam out of it, and fill it with 65% heartfelt beads. That's what I always do. Keeps the hardware the same (because the factory hardware usually matches the humidor best), but puts... well... WORKING humidification in there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend you pull that little disk/puck out, pull the green foam out of it, and fill it with 65% heartfelt beads. That's what I always do. Keeps the hardware the same (because the factory hardware usually matches the humidor best), but puts... well... WORKING humidification in there.
I'll give that a shot. So the PG Fluid doesn't work? I have a travel humidor I'm going to start using and it has the puck with the green foam too.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0

Xingpao

Tobacco Whore
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You can find many "how-to" videos on youtube for a variety of issues. check it out when you get a chance.

Storm

Storm
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see others are using the Boveda packs. These are new for me and I was a bit concerned I wasn't going to get proper humidification, but all good so far.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just use Boveda packs. Much easier and bullet proof.
I have to second this.
Check out Spec's on Highway 6. Talk to Mark. They carry the Boveda packs. They also carry great cigars at better prices than Serious Cigars (at least the Serious Cigars on Richmond).

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Glad to see others are using the Boveda packs. These are new for me and I was a bit concerned I wasn't going to get proper humidification, but all good so far.
fuente ships out a lot of their product out into the field with boveda brand packs (with SR and JR on them) already in box to ensure quality control. can't give a much higher recommendation myself.

just got heartfelt beads to switch over myself, as i don't want to rebuy all the time, but boveda works!