What's new

Humidor question

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm thinking about getting this humidor, should be around $20.

Obviously it's super cheap... but aesthetics aside, is it going to do the job?

Also, I'm looking for for a decent deal on a humidor (willing to spend up to $60-70).
I've checked out www.cheaphumidors.com but nothing spoke to me.

Any ideas?

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm thinking about getting this humidor, should be around $20.

Obviously it's super cheap... but aesthetics aside, is it going to do the job?
As long as it seals well it should do the job just fine. For $20 it's worth a shot. Most times minor seal issues can be fixed easily if needed.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
if you buy cheap, you get cheap. It appears to be cedar, but no where in the add does it say what it's made from. Pass on the cheapie and go for one from a reputable dealer or a brother here on BOTL.

later,

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
if you buy cheap, you get cheap. It appears to be cedar, but no where in the add does it say what it's made from. Pass on the cheapie and go for one from a reputable dealer or a brother here on BOTL.

later,
Very good point Smokey. I was just thinking it was cedar.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea ive heard nothing but good things about tampahumidor.com. ive done my research and it seems to me that they have the best prices. I was looking at the black chelsea too

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I'd stay away from the one on ebad. With the two windows & glass top I think the seal will be a problem. I had a glass top humi that was rock solid. But those extra windows seem to be asking for issues imo.

Doc Wylie

Curmudgeon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going to be storing premium cigars, go for the best humi you can afford from a reliable dealer. Ebay can be reliable, but can be more of a crap-shoot. Have you looked at any at your local B&M? Sometimes they'll have some deals on ones that may be scratched or have been lying around unsold and they be willing to cut you a deal to move it.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
here is an idea

[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=26448"]Save $64.55 on 25 premium Nicaraguan cigars - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're are actually looking around $30.00+ dollars by the time you checkout with shipping.

Like everyone else said, be careful with ebay products.