What's new

Humidor question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have one of those humidors that hold about 25 sticks. Recently i bought 20 sticks or so, a hygroset and heartfelt beads 65% did the salt test and got everything situated and moved the hygroset to the humidor. Checked a day later and the rh was at 58. Looked at the beads and they looked dry. Wet them down again with distilled and let everything settle. Checked a couple days later and the hygroset is reading 74 f and 56%. My analog says 76 or so. But that came with the humidor and those suck.

Should i refrain from opening the humidor for about a week? Do i need to reseason? There was a point that only 2 sticks sat in the box for a couple of years or so.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
May want to reseason, just because it was so low for so long. Also it's a possibility that the sticks you put in there were kept at a lower rh. It's very hard to maintain a stable humidity when there are so few sticks in the box (When it had 2 sticks for a few years). So I would recommend reseasoning for 5-7 days and going from there. And yes, do not trust your analog reader that came with the humi.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ill do just that then. Any recommendations what i should do with the sticks while i reseasom it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2