What's new

Humidor rant (kind of)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Last year I bought a 100 count humi. I'm just wondering why no one (it seems) makes a humidor designed for using beads and round bead containers for humidification instead of the square foam pads?

I bought a xikar bead package that uses a 3"(maybe 4?) diameter container you stick to the top of the humi. Because there is also the unused brass analog monitor and a huge are for a foam pad I have to stick the beads in the corner. I don;t use the foam thing but due to the wouldn't placeholders, I can't put it in the middle.

I'm thinking of taking the hui to my woodworking friend, have him remove the place holders and make one dead center for the bead container

Not a big deal but it really annoys me.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
*agreed*

Though if you check out the video in the second post of JFires Tips and Tricks, you'll see he helped out a buddy by taking the existing crap out and replacing it with heartfelt beads. I would consider this to be a viable solution given the scenario you mentioned. I personally am in the same boat......

It is a pain in the ass... But there are some solutions like JFires available that might just help ya out.

Then again, you may be at the breaking point and need to look into a bigger humi. Lol, Thats right where im at myself!

Hope this helps,
-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Xikar sells rectangle humidifiers that I use in replace of the crappy ones provided by the humidor when purchased. They fit in perfectly and don't force you to make any modifications. I'd recommend looking into them.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Heartfelt also has a rectangular bead container, that's what I use. Several brothers have also used "JFire's" method, I did with my first humi a few years ago. Pretty easy.